Dr. Ana Santana is a in-network provider for most major health plans. As a courtesy to you, Ana Santana, Psy.D., P.A. will verify your benefits for you and will provide you with a superbill that you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. A sliding scale fee is provided on a case by case basis. Contact our office for fees.
Methods of Payments
Cash, Visa, Mastercard, Amex and checks are accepted.
The practice has a 24-hour cancellation policy. If you do not cancel within this time frame, you will be responsible for the session fee. This is a standard psychotherapy practice.
Getting Coverage for Out-of-Network Providers
If you intend to pay with the out of pocket benefits, it may be worthwhile to explore whether your insurance plan offers out-of-network benefits that would cover a percentage of Dr. Ana Santana’s fee. If you’d like to find out whether your insurance company would reimburse you for the cost of neuropsychological testing /psychotherapy, it is encouraged that you contact your insurance company. Questions that you might ask your insurance company include:
- Do I have out-of-network benefits to see a licensed psychologist?
- If so, what percentage do you cover?
- Am I covered for neuropsychological testing (code 96116/96118)?
- What is the deductible, and how much of the deductible have I met?
- What is my co-pay for a session if I see an out-of-network provider?
- How many sessions are covered, and in what time period?
- How do I access the form(s) needed to submit a request for reimbursement?
If you find that you have out-of-network benefits, you will be required to pay the above mentioned fees and the office will provide you with a receipt which you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
- Payment for 50% of the total is expected at the time of the initial appointment. The remaining balance is expected when results and a final report are received.
- A detailed statement of fees will be provided for clients’ submission to insurance companies for self-filing claims. Please note that most insurance companies do not cover psychological testing for developmental delays or learning issues, as they deem these services ‘educational’ rather than ‘medical’, even if the provider is ‘in-network’.
- Charges are based on age and focus of assessment.