Dr. Ana Santana is an out-of-network provider for most major health plans. This means that although she is not on your network, you may still receive a substantial reimbursement from your insurance company if you have met your out-of-network deductible. As a courtesy to you, Ana Santana, Psy.D., P.A. will verify your benefits for you and will provide you with a superbill that you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. A sliding scale fee is provided on a case by case basis.
Fees and Payments
FEES AND PAYMENTS
|Service||Duration||Rate per hour|
|INITIAL CONSULTATION This includes psychotherapeutic andneuropsychological/psychological testing consultation.||1 hour||$200.00|
|NEUROPSYCHOLOGICAL TESTINGThis includes testing scoring,interpretation, report writing and medical recordsreview. This testing duration ranges between4-6 hours and the scoring, interpretation and report writing isapproximately 5 hours. This is an estimate,as the duration may vary on a case by case basis.||4-6 hours||$185.00|
Methods of Payments
Cash, Visa, Mastercard, Amex and checks are accepted.
The practice has a 24-hour cancellation policy. If you do not cancel within this time frame, you will be responsible for the session fee. This is a standard psychotherapy practice.
Getting Coverage for Out-of-Network Providers
If you intend to pay with the out of pocket benefits, it may be worthwhile to explore whether your insurance plan offers out-of-network benefits that would cover a percentage of Dr. Ana Santana’s fee. If you’d like to find out whether your insurance company would reimburse you for the cost of neuropsychological testing /psychotherapy, it is encouraged that you contact your insurance company. Questions that you might ask your insurance company include:
- Do I have out-of-network benefits to see a licensed psychologist?
- If so, what percentage do you cover?
- Am I covered for neuropsychological testing (code 96116/96118)?
- What is the deductible, and how much of the deductible have I met?
- What is my co-pay for a session if I see an out-of-network provider?
- How many sessions are covered, and in what time period?
- How do I access the form(s) needed to submit a request for reimbursement?
If you find that you have out-of-network benefits, you will be required to pay the above mentioned fees and the office will provide you with a receipt which you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
- Payment for 50% of the total is expected at the time of the initial appointment. The remaining balance is expected when results and a final report are received.
- A detailed statement of fees will be provided for clients’ submission to insurance companies for self-filing claims. Please note that most insurance companies do not cover psychological testing for developmental delays or learning issues, as they deem these services ‘educational’ rather than ‘medical’, even if the provider is ‘in-network’.
- Charges are based on age and focus of assessment.